Based: Manchester, Skelmersdale
Pay Rates: Per hour – Days £14.50 / Nights £16.81 / Sat £17.93 / Sun £19.05
Shifts: Various shift patterns and start times available
Average shift length: 11–13 hours
Come and join us and be a part of one of the largest recruitment and transport companies in the UK!!
We have a fantastic opportunity for HGV Class 1 drivers in the Skelmersdale Area (this is where the units will be Collected) for a well-established drinks and alcohol distribution centre in Manchester (Irlam). Contract commences on the 12th April – Approximately.
The work is on curtain side and there is very little interaction with the load, apart, to ensure the load is secure before transportation. This vacancy is transporting kegs of beer, spirits and alcoholic beverages to depots within the clients nationwide network. This will be either trailer swaps or reverse on bay.
The Job role:
- General Haulage
- Depot to Depot
- Curtain side
- Trailer swaps and reverse on bay
- Approx. 3-4 drops per day
- Average shift lengths 12-14 hours
- Various shift patterns available
- Assessment required before commencement of shift
- Ongoing contract
- Additional shifts available or on other contracts within Challenge
- Weekly payments
- CPC courses with Challenge Assessors
- Full UK HGV C+E Class 1 license held for at least 12 Months and driven C+E for 180 days in past 365
- Digital tacho card and valid CPC card
- A good understanding of Drivers hours and regulations
- Good understanding of the working time directive
- Excellent geographical knowledge of UK road network
- Flexible approach to work
- Customer focused attitude
- A willingness to learn
The Challenge Group prides itself on providing our clients with first class drivers and service. This can only be achieved with quality and happy drivers who we invest in and offer a consistent and quality service. Please forward your CV for our immediate attention or call (phone number removed).